Ouch that hurts.
When it comes to watching football it's pretty clear that we all quite like the odd horrific injury. Not to the extent that the player dies or anything, but the odd leg/ankle/knee cap break holds a guilty fascination. A couple of months ago, for example, Alan Smith did his ankle and leg in against Liverpool which in turn gave all the papers the excuse to show us that classic David Busst leg breakage photo from the 90s. Bone through the sock-tastic. As such, it got me thinking about great broken bone moments in film history. I've had a go at compiling my top five.
5. The Fly - Jeff Goldblum in arm-wrestling wrist snapping glory.
4. Wolf Creek - Deranged Aussie outback killer and his gruesome head on a stick spinal attack. Complete with excellent crunchy sound effect.
3. Marathon Man - Do teeth count? Not sure, but it's all in the build up for this particular entry.
2. Escape to Victory - Need to hobble one of your own? All you need is a leg, a bed, and some bend it the wrong way momentum.
1. Misery - No more dancing for you James Caan. Not with those ankles anywho.
So that's the broken bone list...what next? Broken hearts. Ahhhh